Saturday, March 12, 2016

Who Is Zulifan Che Din

zulhelmi
Zulifan Che Din said he had not received a termination letter on the final day of notice, May 31 last year, when MAS retrenched about 5,000 employees. As I didn’t receive any letter, I went to work as usual the next day.

Later that evening, while out at a shopping centre with his wife, “I received a phone call from my department head telling me that I would be on Garden leave the next day. He said, ‘don’t forget please, within this one week, return all the company’s belongings’.

A one-minute phone call left flight steward Zulifan Che Din sobbing in the arms of his wife at a shopping centre. I felt stricken. I would’ve collapsed right there and then.My wife held me in her arms, in the middle of a shopping mall, and comforted me as I broke down in tears.

After several weeks of depression, the couple made a list of other possible jobs he could take up. “Since I love driving, exploring new places and chatting to strangers, I considered becoming a taxi driver.

“I was worried I might embarrass my family. In the past they were so proud of my glamorous job as a steward. But they told me that my determination to provide for the family made them prouder that they had ever been.”

“I greet them and introduce myself before opening the door for them. I also provide them with chilled welcome drinks and if they don’t feel like chatting, there are magazines and newspapers for them to read during the journey. I want to make my taxi feel just like an aeroplane.”

No comments:

Post a Comment