Thursday, February 7, 2019

We Need Honesty - Not Degree

Image result for marzuki
Deputy Foreign Minister Datuk Marzuki Yahya, who previously said he had a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Cambridge pursued through a distance learning programme, is now saying his degree is from a US institution.
“I think they (my critics) misunderstood (my credentials). I (studied) at the Cambridge International University in the United States,” he was reported as saying by Malaysiakini.
“I was doing logistics (before joining politics). So I just took that certificate for my knowledge to expand my business. As CEO of the company, I want to expand my knowledge and my business,” he told the news portal.
Checks by The Star showed that there is a “Cambridge International University” listed in the United States that has no affiliation with the prestigious UK university.
It only offers “distance learning” programmes, with degree courses costing as low as US$5,000 (about RM20,000), with fees payable via PayPal.
The university’s motto is the grammatically questionable “Seek for Wisdom” and its logo is just as unimpressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment