Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Marketing Insurance At Hospital Corridor

Image result for insurance stall at hospitalPrivate hospitals should seriously consider whether they should lease space to insurance companies at the lobby of their premises to promote their products. This is because insurance company workers are seen as more of a nuisance to the sick at the hospital as patients are harassed by those who are promoting their products.
Recently I was at a private hospital to seek treatment for flu. After registration at the reception, even before I could get a seat to wait for the doctor, an insurance company employee tried to approach me.
The insurance company had a counter at the lobby with three employees. As the insurance person approached me with a form, I raised a hand to indicate that I was not interested as I am fully covered medically for life.
Due to the long wait and three tests that I had to do at the blood laboratory, I could observe that a few patients were irritated at being disturbed. It must be noted that people go to the hospital to seek treatment, not to be harassed by insurance companies trying to promote their products.
Should the management of a hospital decide to lease space to an insurance company in the lobby, it should be conveyed to the company that their workers are not supposed to approach patients or their relatives to promote their products within the confines of the hospital.
Insurance companies should look at malls to promote their offerings. People who are sick go to the hospital to seek treatment. Once done, they just want to leave the place as quickly as possible and head home.
Article by - William Dennis (Subang Jaya, Selangor)

No comments:

Post a Comment