Tuesday, November 21, 2017

RM600 Fish Head Curry

Image result for fish head curryA diner was given an expensive lesson on the need to check the prices at restaurants before ordering your favourite dishes. Faudzy Asrafudeen Sayed Mohamed, 56, was shocked when he was billed RM600 for four bowls of fish head curry at a famous restaurant in Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle.

Faudzy who is a director of market development at a company, had gone for dinner with his family and did not expect the meal to cost so much. His final bill, which included other dishes and beverages, came up to almost RM1,000.

He posted the bill on social media along with a warning to other diners: “I think the charges were excessive. I have decided not to go to the restaurant again. All of you, please be careful.”

It was not the first time that he had eaten fish head curry and that he was usually charged between RM50 and RM80 per bowl. I didn’t look at the menu because I usually know the average price to pay. Even though I had budgeted for this meal, I was shocked to see the price of the fish head curry there.

“I asked the cashier to explain the bill to me. He said that the price of the curry depended on the size of the fish head. If the head is big, it will be priced between RM120 and RM150, while the smaller ones would be between RM60 and RM80,” he said.

Despite his experience, Faudzy does not intend to lodge a complaint with the authorities.

“I decided to just pay the bill. I ate the meal, so there was no reason to not pay the bill. But I want to warn others so that they won’t fall prey to this like we did,” he was quoted as saying.

He added that restaurant operators and their workers should inform patrons of the price range for dishes that come in various sizes so that there would be no misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment