Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Mutual Fund But Not Mutual Gain

Image result for mutual fund scamIn the late 1990s and early 2000s, mutual fund companies used to declare dividends in double digits. But in the past 10 years, these have dwindled to single digit.

I invested in one growth fund in 1994 at the price of RM1.24 and today it is only in the region of RM0.40 to 0.45sen. This is a drop of more than 60% from the day I started the investment.

Dividends are being declared in paltry sums for most of the funds just to keep investors happy and to maintain them in order to retain the 1.5% management fee. Is Bank Negara aware of this?
Five years after investing my EPF money into mutual funds, the return is in the negative region. I would have earned at least 6% in dividends if l had kept my money in EPF.

No comments:

Post a Comment