Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Make America Great Again

Image result for Myeshia JohnsonThe controversy over President Trump’s treatment of fallen service members escalated Monday, its eighth straight day, when the grieving widow of one of four U.S. soldiers killed in Niger broke her silence and described how the president’s blunders on his condolence call left her angry and in tears.
Though Trump insisted he had been “very respectful,” the widow, Myeshia Johnson, said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” that Trump told her that her husband “knew what he signed up for, but it hurts anyway.” She said the president’s comments “made me cry because I was very angry at the tone of his voice.”
Image result for trump bullyJohnson said that Trump did most of the speaking on their call, which occurred last Tuesday, and that he did not seem to remember the name of her husband, Army Sgt. La David Johnson, who was killed in Niger on Oct. 4 under circumstances that military officials have not fully explained.
“I heard him stumbling on trying to remember my husband’s name,” Johnson told ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos. “And that’s what hurt me the most, because if my husband is out here fighting for our country, and he risked his life for our country, why can’t you remember his name? And that’s what made me upset and cry even more, because my husband was an awesome soldier.”

No comments:

Post a Comment